Your first steps to a hassle-free arrival and an unforgottable stay:
- Currency is the Indonesian rupiah and 100.000 Rpi is approx. €8.25 (mid Oct 2011) but check the latest rates.
- Timezone GMT +8.
- Ensure passport with 6 months validity and bring along 2 copies of your passport for Dencarik tourist police.
- Obtain necessary vaccination.
- Obtain international driving license if you have plans to drive whatever transport means and note that driving is at the left hand side.
- Stay less than 30 days? buy US$ 35 visa at the airport, else contact Indonesian embassy in your basecountry.
- prior to approaching Immigration, fill out and complete arrival and registration card(s).
- don’t even think about bringing in soft or hard drugs.
- but maximum 1 liter of alcohol and 1 carton of cigarettes per person is no problem at all.
- Villa Taman Indah is 2½-3 hours drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport near Denpasar.
- please let us know in advance whether you require transport to the villa.
- compensate for cooking special meals on your request; staff will buy for you, fresh from the local market.
- and a small tip for all staff upon departure is highly appreciated. Also by their families.
- at immigration, pay departure fee of 150.000 rupiah per person but check the latest information.
- once back to your normal life again, let us know any good and all your bad experiences for our learning.
- and in addition, some important tips on things to avoid in Bali.