And, as fun as it is to get to North Bali, it’s also plenty fun once you are there. Lovina is a beach town that defines relaxed. Uncrowded and definitely unhurried, it has a huge range of mellow places to stay right near its reef-protected simple beach. Toss in dining that’s both good and fun and you have got a fine escape from the mania of the south.
In the northwest, Pemuteran is both a dive mecca and a leader in ecologically sound development – just one more reason to explore the ‘far’ coast of Bali.
Diving and snorkeling at Permutan, chilling at Lovina, breathtaking hills on the road from Seririt, spring-fed poolsat Yeh Sanih, Buleleng’s rich culture at the museums of Singaraja.
(source: Lonely Planet, Bali & Lombok, 2007, page 256)
- Airport. Most important carriers arrive at airport Ngurah Rai (Denpasar), South of Kuta, some 2½-3 hours by car from the North coast.
- Private transport. Every ½ hour and in total 16 ferries daily from Ketapang (Java) to Gilimanuk (Bali). Crossing, also cars, takes 30 minutes.
- Golf. Approximately 30km away from Lovina at altitude1200 meter an 18-hole course; free access; luxury Country Club and good restaurant.
- Country scenery. Massive volcanoes, twin lake, tropical rainforest, mountain, sea, botanic garden, etc.
- Wildlife. Dolphins, variety of tropical birds, monkeys.
- Tourist activities. Volcano climbing, trekking, boat trip to dolphins, snorkeling, diving, fishing, motor boat rips, water-skiing, paragliding, etc.